Tuesday 10 August 2021

chess tournament

Chess Tournament.

Last week, we went to chess tournament  in the hall and 2 different schools cames. One was Mangapapa and the other one was Hicks Bay. We got into our school teams and the man got the draws out.

Our first game started at 9.40am. My first opponent was Zebide, and he looked really challenging. He already started smashing me and at the end, he won. We had 7 games each, and I won 5 out of 7! I was absolutely stoked when I won my first game because I got a badge. 

We had prise giving at the end and the guy handed out medals and certificates. After that we got to eat and and have learning through play.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jaxon, I like how you said who you were facing. Kai pai on getting a badge and winning 5 out of 7 games. That reminds me of when I got a badge for checkmating my opponent with my horse. Were you happy winning 5 out of 7?

    Tu meke Harry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jaxon! Cornelia here!
    I really wanted to know what was happening at chess and you explained it for me! It was a really good post and congratulations on the badge.
    A few things you could work on next time is capital letters and double checking the spelling before publishing. What did you have for lunch?

    P.S: Its called Hawke's Bay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jaxon,
    I like how you put in when the first game happens. It reminds me of when I did that with you. Otherwise I think you blog is really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about